May was a pretty good month for me.
In terms of reading? Posssibly. Blogging? Eh, not really.
But, in terms of non-bookish life. Absolutely, because 1) I finished all my exams 2) I’m pretty sure I aced them and 3) it’s finally summer!
Ah, summer. That magical time when you actually get to do the things you want? Read until dawn? Of course. Scroll through twitter all day long? You got it! Finally stop procrastinating writing book reviews? Yeah… sure…
My Reads This Month
- Cold Summer by Gwen Cole | 3/5 stars.
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston | Check out my review for it!
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon | 5/5 stars and my favorite for this month!
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde | 4/5 stars.
My Posts This Month
I didn’t get to post quite as much as I wanted due to exams, but I did manage to sneak a few posts in!
- Book Discussion: The Role of Age in the YA Community | I talk a bit about the how age affects a community made for teens!
- Book Review: Geekerella by Ashley Poston | A funny, relatable, and cute read with an even cuter love interest. Full of nerdy references and fangirling. I 100% recommend.
- Book Discussion: 5 Reasons Book Buying Bans Need to Chill | Talking about the cons of book buying bans and why they might not be for everyone.
My Faves From the Blogosphere
- Liv @ Curly Hair Bibliophile talked about why you should follow teens in the community and a SUPER helpful list of some!
- Sierra @ Sierra Writes YA gave a few methods on how to make the YA community more inclusive for teens.
- Cat @ Let the Pages Reign wrote about the misbehaving YA community.
- Mikaela @ The Well-Thumbed Reader talked about managing your book blogger envy!
- Shanti @ Virtually Read wrote this unique post about surviving high school – the YA edition!
- Sarah @ Written Word Worlds discussed whether or not triggering books should be read.
- Sofia @ Bookish Wanderess gave advice about how to fall back in love with a genre.
Other Exciting Developments This Month
I have gotten more views on my blog this month than any other month so far! Squee!! I guess that means I’m getting better, right?
I just passed 200 followers on my twitter. For a reason I’m not sure of… most of my tweets are incoherent ramblings, but I am happy nonetheless.
I’m slowly but surely catching up on my Goodreads challenge of 70 books. Sure, I’m still a good 9 books behind but I’ve got the whole summer ahead of me and I read more this month than I have in a while!
June Releases I’m Psyched For
Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser
After my friend Mia’s stunning review of this book, I immediately added it to my TBR. Fantasy isn’t exactly my forte, but this premise sounds unique and refreshing, and I can’t wait. Releases June 6th.
Saints and Misfits by S.K. Ali
I’m really psyched for this one. As weird as it sounds, I love stories about character’s having an identity crisis. They are just so relatable – the question of who am I supposed to be? Plus, a girl in a hijab on a book cover is huge. Releases June 13th.
The Gentlemen’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
I do not know a soul in the book world that isn’t incredibly excited for this to release. I love historical fiction, and it looks like this book is going to do it right! Releases June 27th.
How did May go for you guys? Do any of your June TBRs match mine? Tell me in the commenets! 🙂