My last full month of summer is over.
*sobs for eternity* I have ten days left before school starts again and twelve before my sister/reading buddy moves to college. In other words, I’m really going to be soaking up the next two weeks.
But it is not August yet! It’s time to first say goodbye to July.
- How to Make a Wish by Ashely Herring Blake | 4 stars
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley | 5/5 stars
- Shadow Run by AdriAnne Strickland and Michael Miller | 5/5 stars
- The Gentlemen’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee | Check out my review for it!
- It Started with Goodbye by Christine June | 4/5 stars
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han | 4.5/5 stars
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson | 5/5 stars
- Want by Cindy Pon | 4.5/5 stars
- Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill | 2/5 stars
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli | 5/5 stars
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus | 5/5 stars
My favorite of this month is a tight race. Most of them were 4 or 5 star reads! Booktubeathon was this month, so I read a lot more than I usually would’ve. So it’s a tie: The Gentlemen’s Guide to Vice and Virtue and One of Us is Lying were my favorites this July! READ THEM.
- ARC Review: She, Myself, and I by Emma Young | I unfortunately disliked this book, since I had problems with the main character and her decisions.
- CELEBRATION: My First Blogiversary + Q&A | WOOHOO!!!
- Booktubeathon 2017: TBR | I list the books I picked for booktubeathon!
- Book Review: The Gentlemen’s Guide to Vice and Virtue | This book blew my mind.
- Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews posted this super helpful guide to requesting physical ARCs from publishers!
- Fadwa @ Word Wonders addressed why content warnings are crucial to reviews.
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books talked about the obstacles that come with being an international bookworm.
- Maha @ Younicorn Reads listed seven things she wish she’d known before she started her blog.
- Mia @ Pen and Parchment discussed her 30 book unhaul and why it was a great choice.
In a word: BOOKTUBEATHON. I managed to reach my goal of 7 books! In one week! Thanks to lots of late nights and even more encouragement from Twitter.
I also went to Chicago this month, which was one of the best weekends of my life. Fun fact about me: I love cities. Like, a lot. So getting to visit another one? FANTASTIC
The Color Project by Sierra Abrams
I’ve been anticipating this one since January! It was supposed to release in July, but it’s release date was pushed back. This sounds like it’ll be super cute and emotional. Releases August 17th.
Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
Is anyone not anticipating this? Especially after watching the Wonder Woman movie, I can’t wait to read this! I finished Crooked Kingdom a few weeks ago, and I’m so excited for more Bardugo! Releases August 29th.
How did May go for you guys? Did anyone else participate in booktubeathon? What August releases are you psyched for? Tell me in the comments! 🙂