These are both fair questions.
So, I’ve been on a sort of unofficial hiatus for the past few weeks and my only excuse is that my life got extremely busy when school started in August. And by the time October rolled around I was lost in schoolwork, music practice, and (trying) to read.
Which brings us to: What have I been reading?
Well, not nearly as much as I’d like, for starters. Over the summer I had this weird dream that I’d keep on with my reading and posting schedule because I would just magically make time for all of it.
I basically put a pause on reading during September, but I’ve since been picking up books again!
- First, I reread half of one of my favorite series: The Pushing the Limits series by Katie McGarry. I cannot recommend this series or this author enough. One of the best contemporary companion series ever. And you can take that to the bank.
- I finished the To Catch a Killer audiobook and read Of Mice and Men for school, both of which were amazing.
- I finally finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix after putting it on hold for the past six months and let me tell you: tears. I’ve seen all the movies already but the books add this extra layer of emotion and the fight scene towards the end of the book was LEGENDARY, I tell you.
- I read the new John Green book, Turtles All the Way Down. Again: tears. I’ve never been a superfan, but this is definitely my new favorite of his and hopefully I’ll find the time to write a review for it!
- Most recently I finished Song of the Current (after listening to Mia rave about it for weeks) and can honestly say it’s one of the best fantasies I’ve ever read. You guys know me, contemporary to a fault, but this one really knocked my socks off.
- Lastly, my current read is Timekeeper by Tara Sim. This one hit shelves last year and has been on my TBR ever since, so I finally checked it out of the library, and, from the 114 pages I’ve flown through, I can say that it’s pretty great.
So there’s a little update on what’s been happening while I’ve been away!
Also, a bit of exciting news: I’ll be heading to YALLFest next weekend! I can hardly believe it. I’ve spent years scrolling enviously through pictures of the event and now I’ll actually be there!
As for my posts on here, never fear! Think of this as my unofficial return from my unofficial hiatus. Thanksgiving’s coming up, which means time to draft many a post, and then winter break will be on the horizon! I missed blogging so much and I can’t wait to jump back into it.
What have you been reading lately? Anything you’re looking forward to/want to recommend? Are you going to YALLFest too? If you are, what are you looking forward to most? Tell me in the comments! 🙂