Another month gone.
I’ve seen some people claim that January went on forever, but honestly? It flew by for me! I can’t believe we are entering month two of 2019!
This month did go by fast, but I still managed to read some great books, write some (hopefully) great content, and find some great posts.
This year I’m working on being a little bit more critical in my reading. I realized in 2019, a lot of books were five stars that… maybe didn’t deserve it. So I definitely expected to see more fours this month than fives.
- The Disasters by M.K. England | 4/5 stars
- Stay with Me by Mila Gray | 2/5 stars
- Dread Nation by Justine Ireland | 4/5 stars
- The Reminders by Val Emmich | 4/5 stars
- Entwined by Heather Dixon Wallwork | 2.5 stars
I didn’t read any knock-out books this month. As I write this on January 31st, I’m about two-thirds of the way through The Cruel Prince, and if I had finished it in time, it would probably be my favorite. But, choosing a favorite for just what I read this month, I’d go with The Disasters by M.K. England! Such a fun, enjoyable ride!
- The Books of 2018 | Breaking down my year of reading in terms of favorites, underhyped books, least favorites, and anticipated releases!
- Book Review: Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus | Really loved McManus’ sophomore novel!
- Book Discussion: How Much Value Should We Put in Book Awards? | It’s the end of January, meaning that pretty much all of the 2018 book awards are done. I unpacked my feelings about the awards as a whole.
- Book Discussion: Why I’ve Been Avoiding Anthologies | I explored why anthologies seem to be stacking up on my want-to-read shelf without me ever actually… you know… reading them.
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books debated whether or not we as bloggers need reading schedules to stay on top of our books!
- Vicky @ Vicky Who Reads listed off some atmospheric reads for when you’re in the mood for a strong setting.
- Aurora @ Aurora Librialis spelled out five reasons why she’s a bad book blogger, and why they’re all totally fine!
- Noura @ The Perks of Being Noura explained the process of requesting review copies. I’ve always been such a Netgalley person, so learning about Edelweiss from this post was super helpful!
- Sarah @ Written Word Worlds flailed over some classic tropes she can’t help but love. (Like 90% of these are on my list, too. Give me ALL of the secretly sweet bad boys, PLEASE.)
I won a giveaway on Twitter! Which means that I will be receiving 8 contemporary 2019 ARCs (including one of my most anticipated books of the year, You’d Be Mine by Erin Hahn!) I am beyond excited about this, so definitely look out for more reviews on my blog in the coming months!
January in general treated me really well. I got some awesome news and had some great times, so hopefully the rest of my 2019 is the same!
This year is serving some GOOD books and February is jam-packed with anticipated releases, but I’ll keep this as short as possible.
Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte
Rare for a fantasy to be on my most anticipated list but here it is! This world honestly sounds so interesting, and I’m really excited to see if it’s as good as it seems. Releases February 26th
The Deceivers by Kristen Simmons
Every time I look at this cover, I feel like it’s the exact book that I wouldn’t like, but then I read the blurb, and the excitement builds all over again. Spy school! Oh, take me back to my reading roots, please. Releases February 5th.
Rayne and Delilah’s Midnite Matinee By Jeff Zentner
Okay, so I haven’t read any Jeff Zentner books since I devoured (and cried over) The Serpent King. I love that book, it was so moving, so Rayne and Delilah definitely have to make this list! Releases February 26th.
Bloom by Kevin Panetta and Savanna Ganucheau
I’ve just read so many rave reviews for this graphic novel, and they have definitely convinced me to add this to my TBR. Releases February 12th.
On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
Do I even need to talk about this author, anymore? Admittedly, I’m not quite as excited as I was about The Hate U Give, but nonetheless, I still definitely plan to read it. Releases February 5th.
How’s 2019 going for you guys so far? What were your favorite (or worst) reads? Any blog posts (of yours, or anyone else’s) that you want to shout-out? What are your most anticipated February releases? Tell me in the comments! 🙂